I am licensed in North Carolina as a Clinical Psychologist, Health Services Provider. I work with a variety of populations including individuals, families, groups, and athletes. I provide services such as individual psychotherapy, family therapy, health psychology interventions, sport psychology, and clinical supervision.
- 1993 – present Licensed Clinical Psychologist, North Carolina.
- 1992 – 1994 Post-doctoral fellow. Duke University Medical Center – Behavioral Medicine.
- 1991 – 1992 Psychology Intern. Medical University of South Carolina.
- 1990 – 1991 Sport Psychology Intern. United States Olympic Training Center.
- 1987 – 1992 Graduate Student. University of Florida, Clinical and Health Psychology.
SPORT PSYCHOLOGY WORK:
- Psychological aspects of athletic excellence: focus, mindset, mental rehearsal, team-building, confidence, overcoming self-doubt and setbacks.
- Consultation with athletes, both individuals and teams, at all levels (Olympian, professional, collegiate, high school, recreational).
- Mental training workshops/seminars (e.g., elite training camps, collegiate teams, running camps, fitness centers). Examples:
- Developing character skills and the process in team success (2015)
- The mindful athlete (2014)
- Challenge course for team building (2013)
- Unleash the power of team (2013)
- Peak performance: Five keys (2012)
- Race day! Strategies for success (2011)
- Harnessing the power of attention (2010)
- Establishing habits for mental toughness: A neurobehavioral approach. (2009)
- Goal-setting for peak performance. (2008)
- Breaking through as an athlete. (2007)
- The seven habits of highly effective athletes. (2006)
- Goal-setting in cross-country training. (2004)
- Mental training for peak performance. (2004)